Savage upgrade Liability clause: The purchaser assumes all responsibility for the proper installation of this number one (1) barrel upgrade on the Savage 220 bolt action slug gun. This includes setting the headspace to the proper SAAMI specification and applying the proper torque on the barrel nut. Once the barrel nut is properly torqued and the head space is rechecked; the purchaser must stamp the barrel with the proper markings as follows [ 20ga. 3” 1-24tr. ] in an easily readable position on the barrel. Check the muzzle brake after cleaning for a bore obstruction, such as a stuck cleaning patch. Check the holes in the muzzle break for carbon/plastic build up every 2 years minimum. There is no implied accuracy guarantee with any barrel TarHunt did not install. TarHunt is not responsible for any and all damages to the firearm(s), person(s) firing the firearm, and/or person(s) as bystanders, due to the improper installation of this barrel or due to the failure of the Savage 220 action.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
All firearms payments are processed only after a personal conference takes place, with the buyer.
TarHunt is responsible to make sure the customer is in compliance with all applicable federal ATF regulations concerning the transfer of ownership of a new firearm in to his/her name. The customer assumes full responsibility of compliance with any state, local laws and limitations related to the purchase, transfer, possession, transportation of any firearms, or ammunition in the locality in which the customer resides.
High value items and/or orders are placed on hold and an ID will be required prior to shipping. This is to protect our customers from fraudulent use of their information or credit cards. Please keep this in mind if you select a priority method. NO 2nd day of overnight ammo shipments.
NOTE: Any order with a different billing address and ship to address will be held for verification before being shipped.
Deposit & Cancellations
NOTICE: Prices are subject to change without notice. As much as a $90.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE) charge will be assessed against your original deposit for any cancellations on the owners behalf; to offset return shipping costs. Any special items purchased, by TarHunt, especially for your build; the costs will also be deducted from your deposit and become will the property of TarHunt Custom Rifles.
TarHunt Custom Rifles Inc. accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. All payment methods are sent to us via secure connection, and then promptly deleted. We encourage using the web site store to make all ammo purchases as an order over the phone order may not be nearly as secure. We DO NOT store your credit card details to protect the security of your information. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Parts & All other Accessories not manufacture by TarHunt Custom Rifles
- TarHunt cannot verify nor guarantee fitment of any firearm part or accessory. Please check with the manufacture prior to ordering for proper fitment. TarHunt will not provide return shipment for firearms parts or accessories that do not fit.
- Return shipping is solely the responsibility of the customer. We have a NO RETURN policy on Ammunition.
TarHunt Custom Rifles new and re-manufactured firearms
- Because we build one of a kind, made to order, firearms, TarHunt requires a minimum deposit of $1000.00 of which $500.00 is (NON refundable). We have a NO return policy for firearms. Our firearms carry a life time warranty, excluding neglect or abuse.
- If some un for seen hardship occurs, within the first 5 days after taking possession of a firearm;
- The best TarHunt can do is to buy the firearm back, but only at a used gun price. A custom one of a kind firearm built specifically for one customer, may take months, even years, to resell as a used firearm to another customer. Thus making the used value hard to predict or control.
All ammo MUST be shipped via Ground Transportation
All orders are double checked for accuracy and then the item(s) are re-checked by the shipping clerk before the box is weighted, measured, closed and labeled. Then the weight along with a 3-dimensional scan of the total box size is made by UPS. I am then charged for which ever cost more. Double orders, mixed products orders, oversize/overweight orders. All will be packaged at the digression of our shipping department. Therefore, NO adjustments will be made to the shipping costs after an order was shipped.
Order Policy for TarHunt Scrifle, Raptor ALV and All Other Ammunition:
Ammunition sold by TarHunt DOES NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE for poor accuracy claims, wrong round shipped, or shortages in an order. All orders prior to shipping are double checked for accuracy, weighed, measured, sealed and labeled. Upon receipt, UPS scans and weighs the package to determine the shipping cost. THE 3-D SCANNING IS IMPORTANT AS THE SIZE OF THE BOX EFFECTS THE ACTUAL BILLING.
THESE SLUGS ARE LIGHT AND BULKY COMPARED TO SLUGS WITH LEAD PROJECTILES INVOLVED.
The size of the box needed may override the shipping cost of just the simple weight calculation of the ammunition and packaging. THE SIZE MAY BE ADDED TO THE WEIGHT TO PRODUCE A FINAL SHIPPING COST. Due to the space being using in the shipping vehicle during a full interstate shipment. Space used up is money lost BY UPS IF IT IS NOT TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.
Any issues with order accuracy will be reviewed on an individual basis and WILL NOT BE REPLACED without a review of all circumstances of order inaccuracy or shipping errors and/or damage.
This policy is at the discretion of TarHunt and may change without written notification.
We WILL NOT ship ammunition to the following areas:
This is not a comprehensive list, but is meant as a guide. It is in no way meant to include all laws and restrictions across the United States. Please contact the authorities in your area for any possible restrictions. If you do live in a restricted area, your order will be cancelled.
- Alaska –
- California – No Sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, or Avalon.
- Delaware- Has a few restricted counties. Check you local laws.
- Connecticut – Only with a copy of your concealed hand gun permit on file.
- Hawaii – No Sales Period.
- Massachusetts – Only with a copy of your concealed hand gun permit on file.
- Maryland – No Sales to the City of Annapolis and Montgomery County.
- New Jersey – When ordering ammunition commonly used in a handgun/to be used in a handgun, email us a copy of your Firearms ID card.
- New York – No Sales to New York City, or its five Burroughs of NYC. All ammo shipped to NY state proper must got thru A FFL holder for pick up.
- No sales Washington DC.
Illinois: We must ship to the address on the FOID card. Illinois – No Sales to the city of Chicago or Cook County.
- All other Illinois residents must email us a copy of their FOID card in addition to their State ID. All Ammunition must ship to an address on one of these ID’s.
- Connecticut – ID required. No sales without a valid ID.
ATF Firearm Regulations
All Federal Firearm License laws apply when purchasing a firearm. Anyone desiring to purchase a firearm must be able to pass a background check (Click here for the ATF web site for more information). There are age limits on the sale of certain items. And certain types of items are illegal in certain places – for example ‘assault weapons’ cannot be sold in California and certain types of ammunition are illegal in certain states and cities. The NRA also has put together a terrific state-by-state gun laws guide. The ATF has compiled information on the various state laws; click here to view this information. Again, it is your responsibility to make sure that you comply with federal, state and local laws. We do not tolerate attempted illegal activity here!
You do not have to be a licensed dealer to buy a firearm. If you are not a licensed dealer (also called an FFL Holder), you must make arrangements with an FFL holder in your state to receive the item and transfer it to you. Virtually anyone who is involved in the sale or distribution of firearms is an FFL holder, including gun shops. The customer must make arrangements with their FFL holder to receive any firearm, receiver, or any other item described by the ATF as a firearm. For any firearm purchase, the buyer must be able to pass a background check.
Most Frequently ask question about shipping firearms Shipping Regulations
- Must a licensed gunsmith conduct a NICS background check on the return of repaired or customized firearms?
No, if the firearm is being returned to the person from whom it was received. If however the firearm is delivered to a person other than the person from whom received, a NICS background check is required.
[18 U.S.C. 922(t); 478.124(a)] Last Reviewed September 9, 2015.
- Is an ATF Form 4473 required when a gunsmith returns a repaired firearm?
No, provided the firearm is returned to the person from whom it was received.
[27 CFR 478.124(a) and 478.147] Last Reviewed September 10, 2015.
- May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?
A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requiresthat the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition, prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm and requires obtaining written acknowledgement of receipt.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a)(5), 922(e) and (f); 27 CFR 478.30 and 478.31] Last Reviewed August 31, 2015
- May firearms be shipped to a licensee at an address different from the business premises address identified on the license?
Yes. Neither the GCA nor its implementing regulations require firearms be shipped only to the licensed business premises. Therefore, a licensee may lawfully receive firearms at the licensee’s mailing address, storage location, or other address where the licensee intends to ensure safe and secure receipt of the firearms.
Last Reviewed September 11, 2015