We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
All firearms payments are processed only after a personal conference takes place, with the buyer.
TarHunt is responsible to make sure the customer is in compliance with all applicable federal ATF regulations concerning the transfer of ownership of a new firearm in to his/her name. The customer assumes full responsibility of compliance with any state, local laws and limitations related to the purchase, transfer, possession, transportation of any firearms, or ammunition in the locality in which the customer resides.
High value items and/or orders are placed on hold and an ID will be required prior to shipping. This is to protect our customers from fraudulent use of their information or credit cards. Please keep this in mind if you select a priority method. NO 2nd day of overnight ammo shipments.
NOTE: Any order with a different billing address and ship to address will be held for verification before being shipped.
TarHunt Custom Rifles Inc. accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. All payment methods are sent to us via secure connection, and then promptly deleted. We encourage using the web site store to make all ammo purchases as an order over the phone order may not be nearly as secure. We DO NOT store your credit card details to protect the security of your information. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Parts & All other Accessories not manufacture by TarHunt Custom Rifles
- TarHunt cannot verify nor guarantee fitment of any firearm part or accessory. Please check with the manufacture prior to ordering for proper fitment. TarHunt will not provide return shipment for firearms parts or accessories that do not fit.
- Return shipping is solely the responsibility of the customer. We have a NO RETURN policy on Ammunition.
TarHunt Custom Rifles new and re-manufactured firearms
- Because we build one of a kind, made to order, firearms, TarHunt requires a minimum deposit of $1000.00 of which $500.00 is (NON refundable). We have a NO return policy for firearms. Our firearms carry a life time warranty, excluding neglect or abuse.
- If some un for seen hardship occurs, within the first 5 days after taking possession of a firearm;
- The best TarHunt can do is to buy the firearm back, but only at a used gun price. A custom one of a kind firearm built specifically for one customer, may take months, even years, to resell as a used firearm to another customer. Thus making the used value hard to predict or control.
Shipping ammo. All ammo MUST be shipped via Ground Transportation
We WILL NOT ship ammunition to the following areas:
This is not a comprehensive list, but is meant as a guide. It is in no way meant to include all laws and restrictions across the United States. Please contact the authorities in your area for any possible restrictions. If you do live in a restricted area, your order will be cancelled.
- Alaska –
- California – No Sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, or Avalon.
- Connecticut –
- Hawaii – No Sales
- Massachusetts – No Sales
- Maryland – No Sales to the City of Annapolis and Montgomery County
- New Jersey – When ordering ammunition commonly used in a handgun/to be used in a handgun, email us a copy of your Firearms ID card.
- New York – No Sales to New York City, or its five Burroughs of NYC. All ammo shipped to NY state proper must got thru A FFL holder for pick up.
- No sales Washington DC.
Areas that We must ship to the address on the FID
- Illinois – No Sales to the city of Chicago or Cook County.
- All other Illinois residents must email us a copy of their FOID card in addition to their State ID. All Ammunition must ship to an address on one of these ID’s.
- Connecticut – ID required. No sales without a valid ID.
ATF Firearm Regulations
All Federal Firearm License laws apply when purchasing a firearm. Anyone desiring to purchase a firearm must be able to pass a background check (Click here for the ATF web site for more information). There are age limits on the sale of certain items. And certain types of items are illegal in certain places – for example ‘assault weapons’ cannot be sold in California and certain types of ammunition are illegal in certain states and cities. The NRA also has put together a terrific state-by-state gun laws guide. The ATF has compiled information on the various state laws; click here to view this information. Again, it is your responsibility to make sure that you comply with federal, state and local laws. We do not tolerate attempted illegal activity here!
You do not have to be a licensed dealer to buy a firearm. If you are not a licensed dealer (also called an FFL Holder), you must make arrangements with an FFL holder in your state to receive the item and transfer it to you. Virtually anyone who is involved in the sale or distribution of firearms is an FFL holder, including gun shops. The customer must make arrangements with their FFL holder to receive any firearm, receiver, or any other item described by the ATF as a firearm. For any firearm purchase, the buyer must be able to pass a background check.
Most Frequently ask question about shipping firearms Shipping Regulations
- Must a licensed gunsmith conduct a NICS background check on the return of repaired or customized firearms?
No, if the firearm is being returned to the person from whom it was received. If however the firearm is delivered to a person other than the person from whom received, a NICS background check is required.
[18 U.S.C. 922(t); 478.124(a)] Last Reviewed September 9, 2015.
- Is an ATF Form 4473 required when a gunsmith returns a repaired firearm?
No, provided the firearm is returned to the person from whom it was received.
[27 CFR 478.124(a) and 478.147] Last Reviewed September 10, 2015.
- May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?
A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requiresthat the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition, prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm and requires obtaining written acknowledgement of receipt.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a)(5), 922(e) and (f); 27 CFR 478.30 and 478.31] Last Reviewed August 31, 2015
- May firearms be shipped to a licensee at an address different from the business premises address identified on the license?
Yes. Neither the GCA nor its implementing regulations require firearms be shipped only to the licensed business premises. Therefore, a licensee may lawfully receive firearms at the licensee’s mailing address, storage location, or other address where the licensee intends to ensure safe and secure receipt of the firearms.
Last Reviewed September 11, 2015